Wednesday 5 July 2017

Neutral celebrations

The challenge over at outside the box is to celebrate neutral colours, now I love my white on white  but when it comes to colour I'm a bit more in your face kinda girl, with the odd exception as baby cards I think should be white on white or pastels, a bit like I think young babies should be dressed in ,but that's just my opinion. (Something my hubby and I disagreed on greatly when our son was a baby many moons ago)

Anyway I do like a challenge so decided I would have a play and use some neutrals as well as having a go at one of the techniques Dave from outside the box posted in a video though think I definitely need more practice with inlaying my die cuts, perhaps I should have started with a simpler die?
I chose my colour which took me a considerable amount of time though with just neutrals I wouldn't have expected it to. I decided on a white base card, white die cuts and cream out cut not sure what to call it and black and I suppose grey for my colours.

I used the chrysanthemum corner and cut 2 i white removing all the little bits petals and stuff. I then took a piece of cream card the same size as my card and cut 2 more corners from it, this time keeping the waste and saving the die- cuts for another day.
I used black soot distress ink and black pearl gilding chalk to create my coloured areas. I did try using other inks in greys ,silver ,black and white but it just didn't work too well and looked yucky don't know how else to describe the result so fresh card and just distress ink and chalk.

I then added one of the corners over one of the coloured aresa sticking with glue, these swirls were fidly and I did struggle with them especially when I added the cream outcut next and found one of the swirls was so not where it should be. Finally I added the 2nd corner. I know its not perfect but don't think its too noticable well hopefully anyway. Perhaps I should send it to a man and then my misalignment will definitely not be noticed unless pointed out (sorry guys but most just don't see whats in front of them sometimes though there are exceptions).

I finished my card with a poppystamps die cut celebrate in a matt silver grey paper  which I thought blended quite well.


I am quite happy with my first attempt and neutrals do look OK, the white and cream reminds me of my childhood and a tablecloth my granny had but will definitely be trying the inlay technique again but perhaps with brighter colours next time.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Outside the box - noteworthy neutrals

Just us girls -celebrate

Dies R us- layers

Lemon Shortbread - anything goes


ScappyLand -anything goes

Crafty creations - anything goes







5 comments:

Darlene said...

BEAUTIFUL creation! Love those corners! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Layers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Elizabeth Hart said...

A fabulous card - loved how the color of the flowers had real depth to them. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Judy Woodland said...

Such a beautiful card. A perfect celebration of neutrals. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!

Sherri said...

Gorgeous CAS card! Love the color combination and your corner dies really make it pop! Thanks for joining our "Layers" challenge at Dies R Us!

Sherrie K. said...

Gorgeous card! I love the neutral color scheme~looks amazing! The flowers are so pretty!
Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at Scrapy Land!
Sherrie K
Scrapy Land DT Member