Sunday 23 July 2017

Incoming,,,

I don't know about other countries but here in the UK many coastal towns have a problem with seagulls who often take it upon themselves to dive bomb people especially if they have any kind of food they can steal , easy pickings I guess.

I recently bought some seagull dies from Joanna Sheen  and decided to make a sea scene but the thought of squawking and dive bombing seagulls took over after spending a weekend in Bristol and being woken each morning by seagulls.


I startred by cutting out the seagulls and colouring them with promarkers along with the wooden poles and chains that came with the beachfront seagull die I also recently bought. I cut some stitched rectangles and on the smallest rectangle I used a poppystamp cloud die to cut some card that I used to chalk over the edges and created a cloud filled sky. I mounted the cloud rectangle to the 2nd rectangle and mounted both onto a white base card. 



I stuck the beach front seagulls to the bottom of the rectangles  towards the edge of the card. I added the flying seagulls to the sky and of scattering of seagulls around the base of the card. I finished the
card with a peel off  harpy birthday sentiment as I thought it would make a great guys birthday card and we have a family friends birthday coming up next month.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

QKR stampede - up,up and away

cards und more - holiday/summer

Stempelgarten - anything that flies

Aurora wings - fur and feathers

Fairytale challenges - at the coast

Kitty Bee - colour challenge

Everybody Art - summer/tropical

I love promarkers - anything goes



8 comments:

crafty said...

Gorgeous group of seagulls. Love them. Thanks for sharing with us at QKR Stampede.
Mary

Sherri said...

Darling sea themed card! LOVE the way you designed it with the cute seaside theme! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Melanie-Jane said...

What a fun card with so many nice seagulls. They look very pretty on your card but you are right on the beach side they can be quite annoying... I like how you colored them !
Great car and great idea of putting everything together.
Thank you for sharing your card at the Stempelgarten Challenge.
Have a nice day, regards
Melanie-Jane

Claudia said...

Hi Julye, what a wonderful scene you created. Love the perfect background with the clouds and all your birds look simply perfect in the great layout.

Thank you very much for joining us at the Stempelgarten Challenge.

Hugs and good luck
Claudia

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! Very original!
Thanks for playing at I Love Promarkers Challenge.
Ileanaxx

Milka Gubo said...

Beautiful card! :o) Thank you so much for joining us at Fairy Tale Challenge this fortnight. I hope to see you again. :o)
Milka DT

Bianca said...

What a lovely card! Looks like on the beach. Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge. XX Bianca DT

Seija said...

Oh, i love your seagulls Card! It Looks realy like Summer and Sea! Thanks for joining us at EAC! Hugs Michi