Thursday 11 August 2016

red rainbow happy birthday

My Dad in law lives in Tenerife and when posting cards from the UK I was told by the post mistress that larger cards have to go through customs ,which means my in laws have to go to the airport to collect them so I try to keep my cards small enough to go as a small letter.

I love this poppystamps background die as it conveys so many birthday wishes and keeps the card thin too. I used my drying out ink pads to create a rainbow effect from yellows to oranges to reds and browns, using them up like this has allowed me to treat myself to some distress mini ink pads for my birthday in the coming weeks, it somehow allows me to justify the need for new inks if only to myself.


I cut the die in white and attached the 2 layers to a white base card and the card is finished, so easy it almost feels like I cheated somehow.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

crazy challenge -sunshine warm colours or a smile

get creative challenges -all white with a splash of colour

craft your passion -anything goes

the corrosive challenge -hot,hot summer






2 comments:

Angie said...

Thanks for joining in our current Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges, good luck.
Angie DT

Unknown said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges! Hugs, Valentina DT