Tuesday 1 March 2016

Experiment with vellum

I found these vellum and gold flowers and verses in a drawer, originally from some kit but I obviously didn't know how to use them.I decided to colour the backs with various grey promarkers and fussy cut them out.




My idea was to stick them around a verse on a black base card. I tried using a pritt stick which worked well for the flowers but not so for the verse and I had to peel the verse from the card and find an alternative sticking method with another verse.


The second time I used a piece of gold mirri card to back the vellum and this worked better as I could stick it to the base card without the glue showing through.


I finished the inside of the card with another 2 flowers .


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

Sketchy colours -black,grey and gold



Allsorts-sentiment as main focus

dragonfly journeys-flower power

Come and get it- monochrome

a bit more time to craft - anything goes







6 comments:

Bunny said...

Beautiful flowers. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Kari said...

This is a lovely card and I love the flowers!
Thank you for joining Sketchy Colors and hope to see you again soon!
Smiles and hugs, Kari :)

Mervi said...

Lovely card, beautiful card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Jeannie said...

Hi Julye! These turned out so pretty and I would never have thought to color them. I'm glad you found them in your stash to create this beauty. Thanks so much for joining my Flower Power challenge this week :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautifully presented and coloured creation. Thank you for entering into our current challenge and hope you return next challenge...xx
{aNNie Crafty Friends Challenge DT Member}