Saturday 30 January 2016

Always my winner Grandad

My dad has a birthday soon and my son asked me to make him a card for his Grand-dad. Now normally I manage male cards quite easily but my dad is always hard as apart from watching TV and family he has not a lot more than a passing interest in anything else. I asked my son to come up with an idea of what he would like on the card and he came up with the idea I used.

When mum and dad come over for Sunday lunch , after lunch we usually play a game , either a board game (there are many more very good fun board games other than monopoly and cluedo) but usually we end up playing spades. We usually play this as mum and dad have got the rules so they find it easier than learning something new.

The 5 cards displayed on the card would win 5 tricks, I would have put a full hand on that would have won every trick which would be my dad's dream hand but he would also be very happy with these 5 cards in his hand and 10 cards although not full sized were just too much on the card.


I used a kraft base card and a piece of basic grey paper that has a distressed look and I took it one step further and distressed the edges . I stuck the cards in the center and added peel offs finishing the sentiment with some hand written words in a similar style to the peel-off words. 


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

crafting when we can -celebrating any occasion

crafty sentiments - anything goes

creative card crew - anything goes

Lemon Shortbread - anything goes

MFP -anything goes





7 comments:

Poppet said...

What a fabulous card Julye. I bet you Son was very happy with his Grandad's card. Loving the sentiment you chose to put on the card too. I always find this difficult.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Awesome. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Creative Card Crew.
Hugs
Cathy DT Member
xxxxx

Stampsnob. said...

Sure to win TFS MFP Stampshop Lis DT

Vickie Y said...

What a fun card; Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Stamps Challenge.

Anonymous said...

What a super card and a clever idea from your son.The words are perfect too.I'm sure Grandad will love this.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Dewi Lestari said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

What a fun card! Perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at MFP Stamp Challenge this week!
hugs,
Pam
MFP SC DT