Friday 18 April 2014

Happy birthday LOTV

LOTV are celebrating their 10th birthday next month and they are celebrating big time with parties on and off line.

Part of their celebration is a month long challenge to make a 10th birthday card for them.

I decided to use this stamp of 2 wee cuties sharing a cuppa. I imagine that the idea of LOTV was initially discussed in this kind of situation not that I know but think it would be great if it was.

I decided to go monotone using creams and browns, I even used cocoa coloured momento ink,

I used my new square spellbinder dies to create a fancy square card and layer base and stamped the image onto a go kreate die. I added a scrap of cream pearlised embossed paper and a cream hand tied bow. The sentiments are hand written onto die cut circles using x-cut dies and a sakura gel pen.


Not my usual style of card but I actually enjoyed making it as a change.
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges;-

LOTV monthly challenge-make a 10th birthday card for them
little claires -lots of layers
sister act-anything goes
art by Mi Ran-anything goes
QKRstampede-spring celebrations
wags and whiskers-lots of layers


4 comments:

Alycia said...

What a sweet image!! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act. -Alycia

Yolanda said...

The layers are gorgeous! The colors are so great!
Thank you for joining us on our Layers Challenge at Wags 'n Whiskers!
Yolanda DT

Mi Ran Jung said...

Wow it is super adorable. Love color combo and the layers are so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at artbymiran challenge. Hugs Miran

Erica said...

What a fabulous card, Julye! I love the colours you've used and the sentiment is wonderful!

Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley '10th Birthday' Challenge!

Good Luck!

Hugs

Erica x