Thursday 12 December 2013

Snowflake Santa


Another Santa card this time an easel card too this time . The sentiment is from LOTV and embossed in red moonglow ink and a hand-cut snow flake glammed up with stickles for extra impact. The easel card I used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch to fancy up the edges.


The image I used is a forever friends magazine from a magazine freebie set. I coloured him with the grah iy markers i won and some I bought to trry a while ago. I tried to blend the colours firstly paprika and plum for his clothes and lemon and peach for his body. I yhink I need alot more pactice as I found that the blender tended to dilute the colour  so I tried colouring onto the card and blending there. The clothes colours seemed to work quite well but the peach and lemon not so much but I think I quite like the effect. I need much more practice though.


I decided to make this card as an easel card and as the stopper on the base I used a sparkly poinsettia. I used another spellbinders circle for the place to write my message and again added embossed snowflakes paper to the base and punched snow flakes down the sides.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Shelly images-welcome to winter
graph it marker challenge-colour mixing( not sure if I'm in time)
All that stickles-happy holidays
great impressions-glitter and sequins
fitztown-easel card
creative card crew-pointsettia or holly
creative inspirations-traditional Christmas colours
C is for -traditional Christmas colours
paperminutes-typical Christmas symbols

10 comments:

StampNScrapJunkie said...

Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Fitztown Challenge Blog (FCB). Good luck and hope you'll join us again!

Ema
FCB DT Coordinator

Angeline Choo said...

Cute card! :)


Thanks for joining us at All That Stickles linky party.

-Angeline DT

Aluna said...

So cute card. Thanks for joining us at CCC challenge. Hugs, Joanna DT

Kati said...

Thanks for showing your beautiful card for paperminutes.
hugs
mamapia

Iris Wiechmann said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for playing along with us at Graph'It color challenge!

Hugs,
Iris

Judy McKay said...

Pretty card. Thank you for joining us at Fitztown this week. judy

Hristovica said...

Very gentle card. Thank you for participating in the Creative Card Crew challenge. Hugs Adriana DT

Sande said...

Such a lovely card, Julye! Love those snowflakes and this sweet FF image!
Thanks for joining us at Fitztown and hope to see you joining us again anytime soon!
Hugs, Sande xx
Fitztown DT

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet card, love the whiteness all around. I would like to thank you for entering my ‘C… is for challenge’ blog and I wish you good luck in the draw.
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Jan said...

Love this. Thanks for joining us at CCC Merry Christmas xx Jan