Saturday 30 November 2013

Purple and lime green Christmas

I recently had a splurge of painting with some mica inks  that have admit I'd forgotten I had but fell in love with again after seeing how they sparkle and shine. I had this image given to me a while , well ages ago when I belonged to a image swap and have been saving it as I don't have that many Tildas but decided I'd paint it in my sparkly inks.                                                                                                                                                                   I just thought he dress would look great as shot taffeta after seeing all the beautiful little girl party dresses in the shops and wishing I was small enough to fit in them, how special they must make any little girl feel. Sorry I digress. Anyway the purple ink I have has a tonal effect with a green that just reminded me of taffeta which when it came to making up a Christmas card with her caused me to think and wonder what papers to use. I will also have this problem with another image I painted in the same colour more on that when I get around to using it.

I searched my scraps and found a small scrap from a scrap-booking set I bought from QVC several years ago so went rooting for the box that it came from and found a bigger piece, to find it had a border of lime green. I always thought it had a bit of an indian feel to it but when I put it with the image I was so happy that it worked. Not sure if it's the mottled pattern that makes it work or not but hey who cares, problem solved.

I fussy cut Tilda and mounted her on a spellbinders die cut  oval and let her feet slip off the edge. The card I decided to keep clean and simple , am so loving this style at the moment but have to stop myself adding more as I often think is it too bare and looks unfinished.
 I added white ribbon as per the sketch I followed from Tuesday morning sketches and a tag which I wrote a sentiment on in sakura gel pen. Card done.


 iI would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Marvelous magnolia-anything goes
The ribbon girl magnolia only-winter or Christmas
My Shericrafts-non traditional Christmas colours
Tuesday morning sketches-Christmas and sketch
Creative craft challenges2-non traditional colours
Hangler and magnolia-Christmas is coming
Penny's-frame a female
crafts 4 eternity-non traditional Christmas
Hanna and friends-little presents



6 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

What a sweet Tilda! I don't think I have ever seen this one before! Great job on the sparkles! Thanks for sharing it with us at My Sheri Crafts! :)

Ribbon Girl said...

Nice card and like you, I wish I could fit into those little party dresses too - if only they made the same in much much much bigger sizes! Thanks for joining in with our Magnolia Only challenge, Mary x

Debbie said...

This is so cute!! I love the sketch turned!!
Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

Melissa Craig said...

Don't you just love Magnolia images!? Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Sarah said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

michele said...

Lovely Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x