Friday 29 November 2013

jolly happy Santa

I





I so love this jolly happy snowman from Sugar Nellie and as I was happy with the Santa tag I made a while ago I thought something similar on a card.

I coloured him with promarkers and added some sparkle with sakura glitter gel pens.

The base I decided would be all white as this would really make the image the central focus of the card. I used white copy paper which I embossed using a fiskars board .

I mounted Santa on silver mirri-board and then on a fancy spellbinders oval. I used the snowflake embossed paper on a shaped base and layered with more snowflake embossed paper and added some die cut swirls.

 I added a powder embossed sentiment from a set by LOTV and finished off with a couple of hand tied bows.

Not sure who I will be sending this to but I think they'll like it I know if I were to receive it I would.



I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Kaboodle doodle-inspired by a movie (The Santa Claus)
crafty catz challenges-Santa is coming to town
Sister Act-anything goes
crafty girls challenge-anything goes
ABC Christmas-out of the box no squares
Christmas sweet stampin-white on white















12 comments:

sandie said...

He sure is a jolly Santa and fab colouring. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous card Julye fabulous santa thank you for joining us this week at Crafty Catz
Hugs Dianne xx

Karen said...

Wow!

Such a fabulous project - I actually thought it was a bought picture frame until I read your post! Smiles.

Thank you so much for joining us at Delicious Doodles this week for our "Inspired By A Movie" challenge and good luck!

Hugs,
Karen. DT.xx

Naomi Johnson said...

Cute Christmas card. Lovely design. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at crafty catz. Naomi x

Cynthia said...

This is adorable, Julye. Lovely coloring of the image. Thanks for joining the Jellypark Friends challenge this month!

Hath said...

Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Krafty Girls - good luck! hugs Angelie

Deborah Frings said...

You're right he's a very jolly Santa. Love the embossed card - so detailed. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

Chris said...

that is one good looking and beautifully colored Santa. I love your die cuts too.
thanks for playing with us at Jellypark Friends.

Angelique said...

Beautiful.
Thank you for joining us at Creative Fingers

Huggsss, Angelique
EngelDesignsScrap

Unknown said...

This is so gorjuss, love the santa heaps

Jude

Marilyn said...

Cute image and lovely embossing.
Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and I hope you'll be back again.
Marilyn

Helen said...

Beautiful - love the white background the the silver mirri oval.

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls Challenges.

Helen x