Monday 12 August 2013

Hiking or walking?

Hi all, strange title I know but when does hiking become walking or vice versa?

My in-laws like in Tenerife and dad does a lot of walking in the mountains out there in the sunshine and generally its shorts , boots and a top of course with only emergency stuff like first aid kit, GPS, compass map and phone along with sun hat sun screen and plenty of fluids carried amongst the group. In the UK if you were to go walking in the hills as we don't have many mountains even in summer you would need far more just to be prepared for the weather let alone any emergencies.

The card I made is for dad in laws birthday and as I don't have images of hikers in shorts for sunny climes it had to be UK hikers and a sentiment that was fitting and unfortunately hand written. I hope he'll see the funny side to the sentiment, can't say I ever remember him hill walking or hiking in the UK so I guess that sums things up really.



The image is from stamp nation ,one I got in a kit from QVC and is coloured with promarkers. The papers more scraps and also docrafts green collection. The dies are my latest toy so I guess you'll see lots of those in the near future , this square is from a set by go kreate and the ovals I cut by hand using fiskars cutting boards (sorry can't remember the real name but they are orange boards, must be a senior or blonde moment as they say and funny but I'm neither yet).

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-
Happy campers-summer
heck of a challenge-summer holidays
totally papercrafts-summer fun
so artful challenges-maps
a gem of a challenge 92-summer



6 comments:

Squirrel x said...

I know walking becomes hiking (in my book) if it takes more than 20 mins at 3 miles an hour, lol!! OH doesn't walk, he route marches. Fabulous card hun, love that image. Hugs Sxx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Great fun card, thank you for joining us at happy campers, Pauline x

mags said...

A fun creation. Love the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck.
Mags
x

Wendy said...

Great card...Thanks for playing along with us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Faye said...

Lovely card for your inlays, Julye

Lisa Jane said...

Fab image and sentiment lol..Thanks for joining us at Heck of a challenge this month
Lisa