Thursday 2 December 2010

Sugar nellie Sassy girl white on white

Over on the sugar nellie blog they have a competition with a wonderful prize and something that money can't buy too. They have a Spellbinders Grand Caliber as the main prize along with a design team place on the simply sassy design team.

Now I know that the Grand caliber will fit under the tree at christmas but how would you start to wrap a place on such a fab design team where you get to play and show case these super stamps by sugar nellie made from the fantastic drawings from Kirsta, told you a prize money cannot by. Not only that but the finalist (sounds a bit like miss world) Karen has decided to give 12 sugar nellie stamps of their choice. How fab is that.

Right to be in with a chance of these super dooper prizes you have to do some work. Now I know Karen is looking for loads of entries but personally and for purely selfish reasons I'm not bothered if you don't enter as that would mean I would have a chance at winning one of these prizes, if only by default. Only joking the more the merrier, although I really would like to win if I'm totally honest , I so love sugar nellie stamps and these sassy girls are just that bit different.

To enter you have to make a white on white card, and then, when the finalists have been picked it's up to public vote so all you sugar nellie girls will get to pick who wins. If you don't enter and or aren't picked as a finalist and I am a lucky girl and get chosen , here I am begging and pleading that you will cast a vote in my favour and if I'm not picked and you are I'll return the favour, can't say fairer than that can I. Anyway pop across to Sugar nellie here and you can find all the deets I've missed out.

Oops better show you my card. I used the wee girl with the candle, can't remember what she's caled asI get a bit confused after seeing them on Krista's site and them having different names, but she really is a cutie, as they all are. I used promarkers to colour her and added highlights with sakura  pen. I'm not sure I achieved quite what I tried to do with my colouring, my idea was that she would have shaded areas that were darker away from the candle light but I think I might have to practice this a bit more. Not sure if we can enter more than once. If we can I might have to try again. I have got set 2 of these fab girlies but they have gone to Santa and have to say the temtation is killing me as I so want to ink them up.

I used a variety of white papers and cards and embossed the edges with moonglow moon magic pearls to offer some differentiation. I added a pearlised pointsettia which was a freebie from a magazine last year. The ribbon I got in a rak and I added pearls to finish off. The layout is a past sugar bowl number 24 I think minus the sentiment, and I think this may become mum and dad's christmas card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Stamp with fun-advent
Cupcake craft challenges-light it up

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Very cute Julye!!

Andrea Neville said...

fab!love the shading x

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card. Love the layout you've chosen and that flower is fab!

Kimmi x

p.s. good luck x

Emma said...

A beautiful card Julye...gorgeous image and details.
Hugs Emma x

Faye said...

Gorgeous, thank you for sharing at Cupcake. x