Friday 31 December 2010

More thankyous

Morning all and hope you are all ready to face a brand new year! Some of you will be ready to party and in the final few hours of 2010 , others have a little longer to wait but I would like to wish you all a happy healthy and successful 2011 both to yourselves and your families and thank you all for taking time to visit my  blog whether you leave comments or not.

Now onto some craft. My son asked for a couple of thankyou cards for people he hasn't been able to see personally to thank and he didn't want girly ones either. It's hard to make a thankyou for a female when you are given the remit not girly as if he didn't like them he wouldn't send them so that would be a total waste of good craft supplies. Anyway they have both been given approval so all is ok.

I used one of my new stamps from Sugar Nellie sassy set 3 not sure what his real name is but I call him cool dude, that way I remember which they are. I made both cards with the same image but coloured differently but both with my wonderful Promarkers. I'm not saying Copics aren't wonderful but I don't have any so can't say before I get shouted at by all you Copics lovers, lol.

The first card I did in shades of grey and silver. I love how he turned out and how well he worked with the pearlised, matt and holographic mirri-cards. The liquid pearls I think are the perfect finishing touch and although I would say girly escaped un noticed, well my son is male afterall and we all know they have tunnel vision at times.


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Flourishes-pearls
Crafty Ho's -picture inspiration
fun at fairy knoll-anything goes
CRAFT-thankyou
Phindys place-give thanks



My second card I used shades of green, have to say although I don't count green as a favourite colour I do have a soft spot for it, especially acid green and deep emerald/bottle green. I do tyhink this is a bit odd as I hated wearing it at school and it was our uniform colour, bottle green skirt and jumper or cardigan, white shirt and green and red striped tie, from infants to 5th year (not sure what grade that is but I think it's year 11) . Sixth form we got to wear navy blue and no tie for the girls, boys always wore black blazer and trousers and the same tie all way through to leaving sad really.

Well back to the card sorry, maybe I should resolve not to digress but can't see that lasting so I'll not bother.

I used cream base card and the same for my image, The paper was a scrap I found in a bag of bits and the corners are stickers from a magazine freebie. The strip is from me messing with some alcohol inks and although they aren't all green I thought the mix of colours worked quite well.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:-

Papertake weekly-be thankful
ABC challenge-keep it simple
Cute card thursday-thankyou
Scrapbook sisters-it's a mans world(well it's for my son to send and his remit for the design)
Crafts 4 eternity-layout and shades of green

26 comments:

Monica Gale said...

Gorgeous cards and I wanted to say I am one of those guilty ones who visit you but not always leave a comment, life is soo busy. So my lovely HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and thank you for blogging and giving me a chance to visit you. Hugs xx

sandra's crafty corner said...

happy new year julye, what a fab chappie he is, thanks for the comment on my new blog layout, i wanted something a bit different as i get bored easily lol xxx

Georgia said...

Great card. Thanks for joining us at Fairy knolls.

Sadilla said...

Very nice card,
thanks for sharing at The pIxie Cottage..
hugs
sadia

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, your cards are fantastic. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining in with our Mega Christmas challenge over at PFP. Hugs, Denise x
Hope you have a wonderful 2011 x

karen said...

Thank you for entering your lovely card in our 16th Scrapbook Sisters Card Challenge. Julie and Karen x

Anne said...

Cool dude indeed, great cards!
Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
Happy New Year
Anne
x

pinky said...

Oh he definitely is a cool dude, love both your cards:0 Thanks for playing along at C4E this week.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Great card, thanks so much for joining our challenges at FAIRY KNOLL and CRAFTY Ho's this week!!

Claire said...

Wow, fab cards, love them both! Thanks for joining us at Fairy Knoll and Happy New Year
Claire xx

kim edmonds said...

great card thanks for entering this week over at c.r.a.f.t challenges x

Lorraine A said...

fabulous cards Julye :-) both are gorgeous :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Suzi Mac said...

Two adorable cards, I'm loving that image. Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week.
Hugs Suzi x

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Mad coloring skills!!! Love the shading!

cheryl said...

this is one adorable image,love the colours you have used on this too bless you for playing at the pixie cottage,hope to see you again soon,hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

coops said...

gorgeous cards julye.i love the fab cool dude image and great colours and layouts.
thanks for playing in our mega christmas challenge at PFP :D

xx coops xx

carol said...

hello...love the image, fab card,
thanks for sharing our creation with us at c.r.a.f.t. x carol

Lynda Nielsen said...

Ohhhhhh so very very cool. I love the effects of your papers!
Thanks for joining us for the Phindy's Place Challenge this week. We hope to see you again.
Hugs,
Lynda

Nanda said...

That is a nice card. Thank you for joining The Pixie Cottage Challenge.

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Love the image! Thank you for joining us at The Pixie Cottage this week. Happy New Year.
Hugs
Tanya

Julie said...

Great image, Julye and beautifully coloured!! Thanks for sharing your cards with us at PFP for our mega challenge, juliexx

Anne said...

It's great to see your entry here!
Thank you for joining us and taking the Phindy’s Place Challenge, do hope you’ll join us again this Friday for our first challenge of 2011!
Hugs
Anne

Julie said...

Love it! Glad you shared your card with Scrapbook Sister's card challenge this week. Happy New Year,Julie.x

Betty Wright said...

Great guy and fabulously colored! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Pearl Challenge!

Tammy said...

What great masculine cards!! Awesome coloring!!

Thank you for playing along with us at Phindy's Place and hope to see you again!! :)

michele said...

Fabulous cards Thanks for joining us at c4e hugs xx