Wednesday 13 October 2010

I've gone quackers

Seriously I love this duck, I just think it's so bloomin cute and love that sentiment too. I made a get well card with the duck on it for my brother when he was ill and added some daft sentiment about not letting what the quacks say get him down, I don't think he has quite the same sense of humour as me as he didn't think it was that funny, never mind I like the silly world I live in even if I have the sense of humour of a 5 year old sometimes.

My card has this fab duck on from another stampman plate, I have had them ages and have sort of refound them when I tidied my stamps up.Funny how you seem to only want to play with the new toys you have isn't it. I kept my card quite simple by just adding some walnut stained ink painted card, again form the stampman, I'm such a sucker for sparkly.


The card is my design team card for our theme over at Penny's and we can't wait to see all the different entries we will get as our theme is 'So long as it flys'. We have another fab sponsor Tiffany doodles.
Now I'm sure each and everyone of you has something in your stash that could be said to fly. I did have the idea of using some kind of time piece as time cetrtainly does seem to fly so fast now, must be a sign of age I suppose, but I couldn't believe I had nothing in my stash to allow me to do this so I stuck to something more conventional, but that doesn't stop you now does it.

Look forward to seeing what you all come up with so come on get those crafty fingers flying into action.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

Great card Julye!!

melsanford said...

Fab card - love the sentiment! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Joey said...

Hi Julye

that sentiment made me smile, great card. Thanks for entering my candy, good luck

Joey.xx

Ruthie said...

Hey Julye,

Just saw your post over at the Crafty Rak club - have left a comment - but just wanted to say that I left last month - I sent out 8 RAKs and received none! I left before my birthday, so fair goes, but I think its a little poor to receive a RAK and not send one back (but hey, people do what they do and have their own reasons for doing it!). I also never received any acknowledgement for 6 of the ones I sent!

I think you made the right decision and worded it very well.

hugs

Rx

Jessica Theodore said...

Hi Julye
Love your duck card and your colouring is fabulous!
Also glad you recieved my RAK, sorry it was so late. Sometimes life seems to get in the way... I wish I had more hours in the day! lol
take care xx