Friday 22 October 2010

Did I loose my creative side in the anaesthetic room?

Morning all hope today finds you all fit and well and lucky enough to be enjoying dry and pleasant seasonal weather.I feel like I have been away for ages although it's only just over a week.
 I should explain, I can't say I have been lucky enough to have been on holiday but have been in hospital for major surgery, the whys and what fors aren't important but I was so pleased to come home on sunday evening and even happier and more comfortable to have my stitches out on wednesday, but my abdomen, my son describes as a neon light display with patches of deep purple and I feel like I've been used as a football for an international final. I keep being told I am doing really well but I am so bored and so not into daytime telly.

I would love to utilise all this time for crafting, but I think I left my creative side in the anaesthetic room, though I have tried to play and can't believe how long it has taken me. I think the main problem is, if I sit for a while I get back ache and keep having to get up and walk around, so there is little time to get creativity flowing. I did make quite a few things including some DT projects before I went into hospital and they are all scheduled, but the others I might be lucky to find a few challenges for too.

When I arrived home my new sugar nellie stamps were waiting for me and I was despaprate to use them, I did colour in a couple of images and finally added to an altered tissue box I had done before hospital for my craft room, but will have to retake the picture as it was so dark. No doubt before I finish this post I'll need a change of position and walk so might manage it.
Told you, can't sit still for long.

I also got some new country cousin stamps and decided to enter the sugar bowl challenge. I have to say I was stumped as to what sentiment to add so for now just added a thankyou, I went for a vintage look by just stamping in brown ink on cream card and spot colouring. I used mica powders from the stampman dusted over versamark for the background and just added ribbon and twine and a bit of matt gold embossed card for mounting. These images are so detailed you don't need to be elaborate.









Hope you like it and that it means my crafty juices are returning too.I would also like to enter it for the following challenges:-

The sugar bowl-sketch,optional one for the boys
Charisma-vintage
Crafty purple frog-anything goes
Meljen-anything goes


My next couple of posts will doubtless be projects I made earlier and didn't get around to posting so please bear with me, I'm really hoping I get back in the swing of things soon and can get back to my dt duties of visiting all the fab inspiring entries for our challenges.

Don't forget over at creative craft challenges our next challenge will be celebrating our first anniversarry and I can only say I wish I could enter as we have such a large and varied selection of prizes up for grabs it's definitely not one to miss.

13 comments:

kaos said...

Both are such lovely cards. I hope you will feel better soon and get your crafting mojo back as well.


Thanks for taking part in the first Crafty Purple Frog Challenge!

All the best
kaos

Ali Watson said...

Super creations i love the hankie box too very creative. Thank you for playing in The Sugar Bowl. Hugs Ali x

Sprytebyrd said...

Wonderful! Feel better soon!
Thanks so much for playing along this week in our Anything Goes challenge at Meljen's Designs this week! Good luck!
Dee (Spryte)♥
Sprytebyrds Spot

Jayne Hayward said...

Hope you feel better real soon. Love both your cards.

Thanks for joining in with us over on our very first challenge on TCPF

Jayne xx

Carol Ann said...

Sorry to read you have been in Hospital I hope you get back to your normal self very soon.

I really like your little autumn card, I don't think it will be too long before you will be back to full crafting mode!

Hugs
Carol Ann xx

Lauretta See said...

hope you feel better soon! I love that tissu box.. great idea ;) and great card too ;) Thank you for playing with us with the anything goes challenge at MelJens Designs this week! Good Luck!

Vicky said...

Hi these are both gorgeous I love your images. Hope you start feeling better very soon....
Thankyou for joining us at our 1st challenge at Crafty Purple Frog.

Hugs Vicky xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Julye, what a gorgeous vintage creation. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

tiggertastic said...

fantastic makes, i love your little boy card, so simple and effective

Good luck in the challenges, and i hope you have enjoyed this weekend

sarah xx
tiggertastic blog

Powerful Search Engine said...

This is a gorgeous card. I love the image. Hope you feel better soon. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Purple Frog. Hugs Pascale

Allison said...

lovely cards
Thanks for playing along with Charisma this week
AllisonX

Sally said...

Great vintage card, thanks for joining us at Charisma.
Sally. x

crafty amy said...

Oh dear that op sounds painful but I hope it has done the job for you and you mend quickly. The tisue box is so cute she fits the shape so well and I LOVE your card there is no loss of mojo there I would never be brave enough to just colour part of the image like that but you have made it look so amazing!
Thank you for joining us at the first ever Crafty Purple Frog and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx