Saturday 20 March 2010

A different take...

...on ribbon and stitching. Well this card I did for a couple of challenges but fancied doing something a little different to stamping for a change, hope its still ok for the challenges though. The first challenge is the colour challenge  at Playdate cafe who want you to use medium pink, pale pink and yellow. Well my ribbons I used are definitely medium pink and 2 pale pinks in different shades and the button and card have yellow hues though neither are bright yellow, hope it's still ok for my challenge entry to count.

Totally gorjuss have a challenge to use ribbon, I did think about entering the last card I posted for their challenge but thought its easy to put ribbon and a bow across a card so wanted to make my entry for the challenge a little different, sorry there is no gorjuss girl, or other stamped image I'll have to try sewing these roses on paper next time, but hope my entry still counts. Maybe I ought to change the post title to 'hope it still counts'.

My third challenge I've just seen I can enter if the challenge rules are a little loose is over at KL SNS who want stitching and flowers. I was so amazed at how easy these flowers are to sew. First you sew a 5 pointed spoke wheel can't think how to describe it really ,apart from 5 spokes coming out of  a central point, this you do in cotton. Then bring the ribbon up near the centre and simply weave alternate over and under the spokes till you get to the outside then go back through to the back. The ribbon naturally twists and forms the petals, I love these as they are so effective. The question I have to ask is does my entry count, there stitching and flowers but not probably in the way you hoped.

 Thanks for 3 fab challenges without the colours I don't think I would have ventured down this path so thanks Playdate cafe.

14 comments:

Sue Lelli said...

LOVELY card! Sometimes it's fun not to stamp! I LOVE that sentiment with those BEAUTIFUL rosebuds!

Helen Dooley said...

Way cool card Julye. I hope you get your voice back soon. Its hard not to talk or yell or just visit. e-mail me anytime, Ill chat. Take care!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Julye! Your ribbon flowers are just fabulous! Thanks for playing with the PDCC!

Julie Ranae said...

How FAB is this?!

Great entry for The Play Date Cafe Challenge, Julye! Absolutely!

Suzanne C said...

Lovely flowers! Wonderful clean and simple designs! thanks for playing with us at PDCC!

Jodi said...

What a lovely card. The flowers are just beautiful ~ and you do have faux stitching around your heart, so that counts! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS this week.

Squirrel x said...

Great card, thanks for playing along with TG this week. Hugs, Squirrel x

Ruby said...

What a fab card! I love your little flowers, they are great!!! Thanks for playing along with the Play Date Cafe this week, hope you play along next week too! :o)

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful flowers! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Debs said...

Beautiful card..thanks for playing along at Totally Gorjuss this week…Debs x

craftymum said...

Super card.Love those beautiful ribbon flowers. Thank you for joining us at TG
Love sarah XXX

Kat said...

These ribbon flowers are really beautiful. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OF course your entry still counts! LOVE it!! Great job!! I want to know more about these roses/flowers! So pretty:) Thanks for joining us at the PDCC this week!

Sarah Anderson said...

these ribbon flowers are gorgeous! beautiful entry for this week's play date cafe :)