Saturday 2 January 2010

Congratulations on your promotion.

I made this card for a male friend who recently got a promotion and as there are so many challenges around with the theme of new or new beginnings I thought I would enter this card for most of them as it is a new job card sort of so I hope it will count for the various challenges.


The layout is from Friday sketches but I turned it on its side and I even tried decorating the inside of my card using part of the layout, but my card insides still need alot of work to improve, but tiny steps.


Digital Ink have a colour theme use either gold or silver and grey or black something glittery , ribbon and distress. I'm not sure if my card will count as I really don't like distressing and my interpretation of grey or black became a little fuzzy as I coloured my clown using shades of grey but he then looked like he was black and white, and my papers are shades of grey but from a black and white paper mix pad and then I went and used black ribbon as I had no grey and black backing for my clown, so confused is not the word but I'll enter anyway.

Cards for men have their second challenge and the theme is new so as my card is for a man to celebrate his new job in the form of promotion I will enter that along with all these below who all have similar themes for the same reason.
Fussy and Fancy 1st challenge- new.
Stampin for the weekend-new.
By the cute and girly-new.
Secret saturday crafter- new beginnings and our friends promotion is certainly a new beginning for him.
Finally  The craft Garden has a theme of new too so that will be another for me to enter.

Happy new year to all I have not yet wished it to and hope you all keep warm and cosy if the weather is snowy where you are as it is here, and thankyou for visiting as always.

23 comments:

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Julye. Thanks for joining us over at Cards for Men and good luck with the challenge.

Donna

Nannieflash said...

I think its a fabulous "New" card thank you so much for joining us at Cards for Men Challenge, so good luck, with love and hugs Shirleyxxxx

Beryl said...

I think this image works so well with the colour scheme - the layout is great. Thank you for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
Beryl xx

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

great monocrome card, works well for a male card. thanks for sharing with by the cute and girly. janex

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous! love the monochrome look! thanks so much for joining us at BTC&G.

Tracey said...

Happy New Year!

Fab monochrome card :)

Thanks for joining SFTW's first challenge of 2010.

Hugs
Tracey
x

Denimo said...

What a fun card Julye! Your co-worker should be most honored. Thanks for being part of our first ever challenge at Fussy & Fancy!!
Hugs, Denise

Jules said...

Hi Julye

How nice to be able to make a card for a promotion - a rare event these days don't you feel?

I bet your colleague will be well pleased to receive it.

Lovely inside and out and you tie a mean bow!!!

Thank you for playing along with By the Cute and Girly this month.

Love Jules xx

Juanita said...

This card is super cute. Thanks for joining us for our first challenge at Fussy and Fancy.

Stampin Mindy said...

This is adorable, thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday!

Jackie Randolph said...

This is such a cute card. Thanks for joining us at Fussy & Fancy Friday Challenge.

Mummylade said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining SFTW this week.

pinky said...

Excellent image and colours to use for a male card and its still very upbeat and happy. Thanks for playing along at BTC&G this month.
Pinky

Nancy said...

AWWW Your card is gorgeous, Julyeb:O) Love the black and gray, fab papers, gorgeous bow. The clown is so cute, love the inside too.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Julie M said...

Great card, Julye. Love the silver/black colour scheme.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay.

Julie :o)

Justine said...

Great idea and reason for a card. Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy's very first Friday Challenge

Jennifer said...

Great job combining challenges. I love trying to get as many challenges into one card.

Fussy and Fancy girl,
Jennifer

Krista said...

Your card is for creative and fun. I love the use of gray and black. Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Fussy and Fancy!

Card Making Nut Jo said...

Love monotone cards! You've done a great job!

Unknown said...

Great card for a promotion Julye.
Love the colour scheme. It's perfect.
Thanks for playing along with us at Cards For Men. Good luck!
Viv xx

Anonymous said...

I love the black and white color scheme--a wonderful card for a man! Thank you for joining our first challenge at Fussy and Fancy Friday!
Hugs,
April

Scrappymax said...

Great card
Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G
Max x

Lora said...

Great card! Love the monochrome scheme, it's just perfect for a male card.
Thanks for joining us at BTC&G this month.
Lora x