Wednesday 14 October 2009

Such a loveable bear and he likes marmite too

Well for those who haven't yet guessed my card has Paddington on . How could I not when all those soft toys of him were created just down the road in not so far away Doncaster. In case his advertisement campaign hasn't left our shores Paddington at the moment is doing an ad for marmite.

I have made this loveable bear, as, when I remember watching him on tv he was a very flat cartoon character with sparely coloured drawings for the backdrops, gosh does that show my age, I think his more realistic modern day counterpart certainly looks cuddlier, but how could you not give him a home. I'll shut up now and heres my card.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card and love the way your backing paper is icorporated thank you for taking part at ssc

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah fabby card, I remember him from when I was wee too and I still want a coat like his!!!!! Although would rather have marmaalde sandwiches rather than the marmite ones!! !Yuck!!!
Hazelxoxo

Anonymous said...

Your card is cute!
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week ;0)

Janneke X

Georgia said...

I smiled when I saw Paddington. His expression is often mine when I'm traveling! Thanks for joining us at the SSC.

Rach said...

what an adorable Paddington card, so sweet.xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi There.
Thought i would pop over and say hi...
Fabbie blog hun, yep it is suprising how much time we seem to spend blog hopping....lol..
Other than the houe work what else is there to do...hehehhe...
Thanks for the interest in the new challenge blog, (DT),
Good luck.
Hugs Angel

jackiescrafts said...

Hi, love your blog, your work is great and yes it is amazing how much time blogging can take.
Thanks for your interest in the DT call for Magical crafts
Good Luck
Jackie x

Line said...

This is so CUTE!! I just adore Paddington and the backingpaper is just perfect!

Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

Hugs, Line

SemSee said...

Aw - I love Paddington bear!! I remember watching him as a child. Fab paper - great 'marmalade' colours! Thanks for joining us this week at SSC! Hugs, Sem x

Aud Kirsten said...

Your card is beautiful! I just love Paddington.
Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

Piali said...

Super cute card!!! love that Paddington.
Thanks for joining us at SCS.
Hugs
Piali

Nikki Schmaltz said...

This is so cute. I love Paddington Bear! Thanks for playing along at SSC:)

Sprytebyrd said...

This challenge sure is bringing back the memories.... My parents bought me a Paddington Bear, and I had to go out and buy some orange marmalade to keep in the fridge for him! :) Thanks for the memories! Such a wonderful card!
Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week!
Dee